VIEW THE MENU
7:00 – 4:00
7:30 – 4:00
480 BRIDGE RD
Contravention of Fair Work Act by Cafe Touchwood Pty Ltd
We refer to the investigation conducted by the Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) into allegations
that Cafe Touchwood Pty Ltd trading as Cafe Touchwood (Touchwood) has contravened the Fair Work Act
2009 and the Restaurant Industry Award 2010 by:
- Failing to create part time employment agreements
- Failing to pay the correct rate of pay
- Failing to pay casual loading
- Failing to pay penalty rates
- Failing to pay overtime rates
- Failing to pay annual leave on termination
- Failing to pay annual leave loading on termination
- Failing to keep records of hours worked
- Failing to issue pay slips to all employees
Touchwood has formally admitted to FWO that these contraventions occurred and has entered into an
Enforceable Undertaking with the FWO (available at www.fairwork.gov.au) committing to a number of
measures to remedy the conventions, including by rectifying the underpayments for a sample of employees
during the audit period, committing to workplace training and making a contrition payment.
Touchwood expresses its sincere regret and apologizes for the conduct which resulted in the contraventions.
Furthermore, Touchwood gives a commitment that such conduct will not occur again and that it will comply
with all requirements of the Commonwealth workplace relations laws in the future.
If you worked for Touchwood and have queries or questions relating to your employment, please contact Ms
Huynh, director of Cafe Touchwood Pty Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, anyone can contact the
FWO via the website at www.fairwork.gov.au or the infoline on 131394.